The Salem Boys and Girls Track and Field teams were victorious Friday night against both park rivals in the battle for the City Championship. The weather was perfect and the athletes were eager to compete.
Coach Steve Aspinall, head boys coach, thought the competition and atmosphere throughout the entire afternoon was great for the sport. “The PCCS City is an extremely competitive and exciting meet every single year and 2015 was no different. We won behind the strength of our team depth, scoring in 15 out of 17 events and dominating the field events. The guys are proud of their back-to-back City Meet Championships as we get back to competing for a division title.
- Lauren Arquette (1st in 1600 & 3200),
- Shekinah Johnson (1st 400m, 2nd in 1oo & 200),
- Shara Long (2nd in shot/disc)
- Rebecca Falzon (3rd in shot/disc)
- Haven Essien: 1st in 100m hurdles, 3rd in 200m
- Madalyn Simko: 3rd in 1600m, 4th in 3200m
- Erin McCann: 1st long jump
- 800m: swept 1st -5th: Kaya Knake, Elizabeth Tripp, Madison Justice, Erin McCann, Hannah Jeffress
- 1st in 4×100: Ayande Brydie, Lauren Ogarek, Brynna Samuels, Haven Essien
- 1st in 4×400: Kaya Knake, Erin McCann, Shekinah Johnson, Izzy Rodriguez
- 1st in 4×800: Elizabeth Tripp, Kayla Hughes, Madalyn Simko, Lauren Arquette
Both teams look strong going into the middle of the season. Great job ROCKS!