2019 Cross Country Camp
Sunday, August 4th – Friday, August 9th
– Please make checks to PCCS with Salem Boys Cross Country in the memo line
– Qualified for Camp
– All required paperwork approved by the Salem Athletic Department
Dates & Times: Training Camp will be from Sunday, August 4th until Friday, August 9th. We will be meeting at the Salem High School parking lot at 8:30am with departure at 9:00am. Campers that drive with parents not meeting at Salem should arrive at camp between 1:15 and 1:45pm on Sunday. Campers not coming back with the team caravan should be picked up from camp between 9:00 and 9:30am on Friday.
Coaches: Coach Steve Aspinall (Salem Boys), Coach Geoff Baker (Salem Boys), Coach Dave Gerlach (Salem Girls), Coach Angela Carron (Salem Girls), Coach Matt Gutteridge (Hartland)
Communication: Cell phone use is permitted, but cell service sometimes is intermittent. Remember that we will be very busy and there will be over 100 high school athletes at the camp that week, so telephone time may be difficult. Letters and packages will be delivered as long as the front reads Salem Cross Country and your athlete’s name.
Athletes must qualify for camp at one of the qualifying runs.
This camp is totally optional. An athlete may end their camp stay at any time.
NO REFUNDS GIVEN FOR ANY REASON!!!
– Bedding is not provided by the camp. Campers MUST bring own sleeping bag, blanket and pillows
– Toiletries including soap, shampoo, toothbrush and paste, towels and deodorant
– Running gear (2 pairs of shoes recommended in case they get wet!)
– Casual Clothes (it can get cold at night)
– T-shirts, socks, underwear, jeans and basic daily clothes
– Sweatpants, sweatshirt and jacket
– Swimsuit, rain gear and flashlight
– Extra Bedding if needed
Optional: camera, bug spray, games, books, cards, sunglasses, plastic trash bag for dirty clothes, fishing pole.
Do NOT bring: Glass bottles of any kind, knives, firearms, alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or any PEANUT PRODUCTS.
Spending Money: Keep spending money to a minimum. No more than $50.00. Store within camp. Lunch stop on way to camp and home from camp.
*** Parents: Please think about writing a brief letter of encouragement or sending a care package to your athlete at camp at the beginning of the week. Packages take 1 or 2 days longer than normal to arrive at camp. This is a great mental boost when he is tired and sore. Please send packages no later than Monday to ensure they arrive before departure.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY PEANUT PRODUCTS! The entire camp is PEANUT FREE!!
YMCA Camp Nissokone
c/o Salem Boys Cross Country – Athlete’s Name
6836 F-41 Oscoda, MI 48750