The Salem Cross Country team is hosting a Youth Camp for incoming 5th through 9th graders from July 24 to July 28.
Designed to promote the fun & excitement of cross country in a positive environment. We teach athletes about the sport & help them be the best runners they can be. Intensity of the camp will be appropriately adjusted to the ability of the athlete. This camp is designed to parallel the philosophy of the high school program but on an appropriate training level for younger athletes. There is no requirement for pre-camp training, but an active athlete will likely be better prepared.
Inter-camp meet on 7/28 will be held at P-CEP & will be a great cap to our week of training.
Camp dates and times:
- Monday, July 24th (10:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Tuesday, July 25th (10:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Wednesday, July 26th (10:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Thursday, July 27th (10:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Friday, July 28th (10:00 am – 11:30 am) – Race Day!
- Training Techniques
- Injury Prevention
- Racing Strategy
- Stretching & Strengthening
- Form Work
Email Coach Aspinall (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.